Saturday, July 3, 2010

:)

Hola! Today was our second ministry day. We went to this orphanage way up in the mountains of Guatemala. We did our drama for them and then played with them the rest of the time. I had so much fun playing with all of the kids. Some of the kids there are HIV positive, but the people who run the orphanage take such good care of the kids that we couldn't even tell which kids had it. One of the ladies who helps run the orpahange, told us that one of the girls is epileptic. The little girl was so cute and very beautiful. It was so much fun to see all of the kids, and playing with them. After lunch, we were able to pass out toys to the kids. They were SO happy to see us and so happy to get our little gifts.
I am having so much fun! :) BTW, last night after FUAGNEM I was kinda "recruited" to be a part of a special skit for Thursday night. It's going to be so Cool! Don't worry, I'll have someone take pictures. :)
Any way, we had quite a bit of rain here. Yesterday we had the power go out in the hotel for about 3 minutes, and today one of the streets was flooded. I've seen at least 2 smoking volcanos so far, but I'm not sure if I've seen the one that actually errupted last month. I really want to see it!
I guess that's a good enough length for now. :)
TTYL
~Joy

1 comment:

  1. I for one am glad that the volcano is NOT actively erupting while you are there. God please protect this team and keep the floods at bay. Keep the storms out to sea and allow nothing to stand in the way of Your truth being shared with the precious people of Guatemala. I thank You for the hearts already touched by these teens!

    So excited for you Joy!

    Blessings and grace,
    Mrs. Samter
    (Lexi's Mom)

    ReplyDelete