Wednesday, June 9, 2010

20 DAYS!!!!!

The trip to Guatemala is less than 20 days away!!!!!!! I remember when my countdown on igoogle said 120 days! It seems like it was only yesterday.

I'm really excited and really hope these next 2 weeks go by really quickly. I have started shopping for the trip, and getting some things as I've seen them, but I still have quite a ways to go. Thanks to facebook and email, I've already been in contact with my team-mates. I'm really excited to get to know them and I can't wait to meet them face-to-face in Miami! It's an amazing feeling to be less than 20 days away! But I still have to finish school first. Only 6 more days of school and 3 of them are finals! Please continue to pray I finish school and as I continue to prepare for this trip! I haven't heard many updates about the current situation in Guatemala, (I guess that's because everyone in the US is preoccupied with oil spill) but I know that it has gotten better. I can't wait to see what God has planned for us on this trip!

Dios le Bendiga (God Bless)

~Joy :)



To God alone be the glory, to God alone be the praise

Everything I say and do, Let it be all for you,

The glory be yours alone

2 comments:

  1. WHOOOHHOOOO!!!!! SO EXCITED JOY!!!! =D

    Can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Joy! Haha, hopefully THIS year I will meet you C;

    No news is good news. I recently talked to one of my friends (a translator) about the situation down there, and he said things are getting back to normal. Pacaya isn't doing anything, or expected to soon, and the water level is down. There's just a lot of rubble and mud. It's all getting cleaned up quickly. So that's good. C:

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete