Saturday, July 11, 2009

Friday!

So, Thursday night, I got very little sleep due to coughing all night so Friday I felt exhausted. I'm pretty sure I had a fever and could've stayed at the hotel, but I really didn't care so I went with the team anyway to Central Park in Guatemala City to do our drama 3 times. After the first time, I still felt tired, but I kept going and did the 2nd anyway. During another lunch of PB&J we were told that we were going to the National Palace for a tour, and a Guatemalan buffet, and to meet the first lady of Guatemala! We did the drama one more time, then took all of our make-up off and headed to the palace. It was very cool. We ended up waiting about an hour for the first lady, and the buffet was very small, but we became special ambassadors to the country of Guatemala and were invited back any time. We got back to the hotel around 7 PM, just in time to eat dinner, run back to the room and get to FUAGNEM on time.
Thankfully, we got to sleep in this morning, because breakfast was at 8 instead of 7 (which is 10 instead of 9 East Coast time) then we headed to the market and McDonalds. At 2 PM we're having our team debrief, then our last FUAGNEM is tonight and we get our going home t-shirts.
Tomorrow, Team 6 is leaving the hotel at 11 AM and our flight takes off at 4 PM, we will have an hour lay-over in Panama again, and we will land in Miami at about midnight. After that, I know we will spend the night in Miami, but I don't know exactly when I leave for Philly. Please pray for safety and for all the new believers in Guatemala.
Dios le Bendiga!
Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment